Hartford switched all of its trolleys from horse-drawn to electric in 1893.  It was the primary way the residents got around, and operated daily from 5am-1am.  It was a nickel fare, with free transfers.  This photo is of a closed car, but there were also open cars between May and October, much like SF’s cable cars.
Be the first to like.