I can’t say I suffered through the tax preparation end of things; I was spectator/sympathetic ear/sandwich preparer for He-Who-Braves-the-1040. In other words, my spectacular hubby, Paul.
So, how did I do this week?
1. post ROW80 updates on Sundays
2. blog on Tuesdays and Fridays
I’m really excited about the upcoming week: this Tuesday, the ever-fabulous Jenny Hansen and I are going to swap guest posts. Squee! (I promise not to break anything while I’m over there, Jenny). She and I have wanted to swap posts for a long time, but now that she is celebrating her one-year blog-a-versary, it seemed the perfect opportunity. I will be posting on her site about the History of the Cowbell (and Jenny’s role in it), while she will be posting here about the cool features (with how-to instructions for the tech-challenged) of OneNote, a Microsoft program that I am
stumbling through using to organize my novel. Be sure to check it out this Tuesday!
3. Write one chapter per week on my work-in-progress (WIP). I am well into Chapter 8, but not finished with it yet, unfortunately. unexpected characters entered the scene, including one cantankerous old lady with whom I’ve dealt before. Dialogue scenes usually take a bit longer with her in them. That’s my excuse, at least.
Personal and Social Goals:
1. support fellow bloggers and writers through Facebook and Twitter. I hit all the bloggers I usually read, plus I spent a few late-night and early-morning sessions this week just browsing the twitter stream for things to read and RT. The WANA1011 Facebook group has also been a great source for posts I don’t check out regularly. Stop by sometime; it’s a great group!
2. re-vamp my blog. I’m nearly finished with this; there are just a couple of pages on my site where I haven’t figured out how to load posts relevant to the category right on to the page. I’ll still be tweaking things over the next couple of weeks. Nothing dramatic, though – the overall look will be the way it is now.
3. exercise 3x per week. With allergies were kicking my keester, I only got two walks done (near the end of the week, when I was prescribed additional allergy meds). But today’s walk was the Burke Lake loop – 4.6 miles. Woot!
How has your week been? I’d love to hear from you!
Have a great week,