Welcome to Watercooler Wednesday, where the water is above-average, the topics are bubbly, and the company is sparkling.
You may have noticed things getting a little gloomy out there lately; early snow, early nightfall, colder temps, bare trees. It seems high time for:
Another Round of Belly Laughs!
Let’s start with some good news…
1. Looks like Congress can finally agree on something:
For the rest of the story, click here.
2. I suspect many of our nation’s leaders graduated from schools like the one below:
3. We also have “gifted” folks on the roads, who like to creatively express themselves through bumper stickers. Here are some road-rage-oriented messages, courtesy of Marcia Richards’ fabulous blog. Check out the rest of the list at her post: Sweet, Sexy Obsessions: Laughter.
- Keep honking. I’m reloading.
- Honk if you want to learn sign language
- Honk if you’ve never seen a gun fired from a moving vehicle
- If you can read this, I can slam on my brakes and sue you
4. If the roads get too rough, you can always call on a Texas Ranger to help you – or, better yet, Chuck Norris:
5. And, finally, I’d like to leave you with a group of folks who really know how to have a good laugh. I was inspired to find this after reading a
raunchy wonderful post by the ever-talented Jenny Hansen. The clip below is a great example of comic actor Tim Conway’s outrageous ad-lib digressions. (And yes, that’s Dick Van Dyke on the set, too). It’s in front of a live studio audience during the taping of the Carol Burnett Show:
Got a favorite laugh you’d like to share? I’d love to hear from you!
Until next time,