You know I love a good mystery, and Santa Claus is the ultimate mystery man, don’t you think? In order to get you in the holiday spirit, here’s a mashup of some fun posts about Santa Claus that may help clear up some things about this elusive gentleman.
Merry Christmas, and enjoy!
1. Wonder how NORAD (North American Aerospace Defense Command) came to be the radar tracker for Santa Claus on Christmas Eve? Here’s the story: NORAD’s Santa Tracker Began With A Typo And A Good Sport : NPR.
2. Is there a Santa Claus? An 1897 editor for the New York Sun answers a little girl’s question on the subject: Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus.
3. Does Santa’s job look appealing to you? You’re not alone: Top 10 Reasons Why It Rocks To Be Santa (includes a “Manta Claus” video).
4. Where did Santa originate? Live Science tells us about The Real Man Behind the Myth.
5. How does Santa fit down the chimney? Here’s an answer for science-minded kiddos, involving carbon nanotubes and molecular compression: Can Santa Really Climb Down the Chimney?
6. Ever wonder about Santa’s reindeer? Well, Santa has a veterinarian to answer your questions: Santa’s Veterinarian Answers Kids’ Questions about Santa’s Reindeer.
7. Do your kids ever ask the question: “How does Santa deliver all those presents in ONE night?” Well, the answer is “relativity clouds,” as described in this cool article: Researcher Explains Science Behind St. Nick’s Christmas Magic.”
Happy Holidays, everyone, and may the magic (or science fun) never leave you.