You know I love a good mystery, and Santa Claus is the ultimate mystery man, don’t you think? In order to get you in the holiday spirit, here’s a mashup of some fun posts about Santa Claus that may help clear up some things about this elusive gentleman.
Merry Christmas, and enjoy!
1. Wonder how NORAD (North American Aerospace Defense Command) came to be the radar tracker for Santa Claus on Christmas Eve? Here’s the story: NORAD’s Santa Tracker Began With A Typo And A Good Sport : NPR.
2. Is there a Santa Claus? An 1897 editor for the New York Sun answers a little girl’s question on the subject: Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus.
3. Does Santa’s job look appealing to you? You’re not alone: Top 10 Reasons Why It Rocks To Be Santa (includes a “Manta Claus” video).
4. Where did Santa originate? Live Science tells us about The Real Man Behind the Myth.
5. How does Santa fit down the chimney? Here’s an answer for science-minded kiddos, involving carbon nanotubes and molecular compression: Can Santa Really Climb Down the Chimney?
6. Ever wonder about Santa’s reindeer? Well, Santa has a veterinarian to answer your questions: Santa’s Veterinarian Answers Kids’ Questions about Santa’s Reindeer.
7. Do your kids ever ask the question: “How does Santa deliver all those presents in ONE night?” Well, the answer is “relativity clouds,” as described in this cool article: Researcher Explains Science Behind St. Nick’s Christmas Magic.”
Happy Holidays, everyone, and may the magic (or science fun) never leave you.
9 thoughts on “A Santa Claus Mashup”
Holy cow – that’s more info on any one holiday than anybody needs. Just believe I saw.
Merry Christmas, Kathy!
w/a Jansen Schmidt
Patricia, I hope you have a wonderful Christmas, too!
Awesome mashup. Merry Christmas, Kathy!!
Thanks Kass! And a very Merry Christmas to you, too. 🙂
Just wanted to drop by and wish you and yours a happy and healthy holiday season!
Now that’s a whole lot of Santa knowledge!
Hi, Phil, thanks so much for stopping by! I hope your holidays have been wonderful, too. Best wishes for a fab 2015!
I love this post! Baby girl was way into Santa this year and it was so fun. I’ve finally gotten over feeling guilty for the big fat St. Nick lie so now it’s just fun. 🙂
Thanks, Jenny! I’m so glad you had a wonderful Christmas with your little one.
I remember that parental guilt about Santa. I decided to think of it as participating in the magic of Christmas and making it fun and exciting for the little ones. Who doesn’t love the idea of reindeer landing on your roof? And not a shingle out of place, either. 😉
None of my boys ever got mad or felt betrayed when they finally figured it out (and I gave the previous explanation as to why we did it). Around age 10 or 11, each kid decided to stop believing. I never told them “There’s no Santa”; instead, the couple of years leading up to then we would have many little debates and kick around the question, until they finally decided to let it go. They’d probably figured it out a couple of Christmases before that, but wanted to hang on a little while longer. And I was good with that. With the first two, it helped them that we were still pretending for the younger siblings. The last child was a little sad to let it go, but those shiny gifts and his older brothers helped him get over it!
Happy New Year, Jenny, and thanks for being such a fab supporter of my posts!
I miss putting out cookies and milk for Santa, though – and carrots for the reindeer!
Comments are closed