Happy Groundhog/Super Bowl day! Hope you are all enjoying a leisurely winter afternoon. Get cozy – I hear Phil saw his shadow. We have six more weeks, people. *sigh*
So, how did I do this week?
1. Post twice per week on my blog: a ROW80 check-in on Sundays, and an original post mid-week. During my blog tour, my total weekly count will actually be three times per week, as I’m scheduled to guest post twice a week through the beginning of March.
Done! Last week I had an author interview with historical mystery writer Susan Spann over at her site, “Spann of Time.” The next day, I guest posted at mystery writer Elizabeth Craig’s site about that classic Holmes detective novel, The Hound of the Baskervilles. Lots of fun!
2. Send out three new email requests per week to book reviewers who have indicated they are available and interested in reviewing books in my genre (mystery).
I sent out two. I had other priorities and had to triage this week.
3. Visit, comment on, and tweet posts from ten bloggers each week.
I visited at least ten, but only left comments at about half of them.
4. Write and publish three SocialIn posts during this 80-day period.
Published a SocialIn post two weeks ago about 19th century sledding. I’m still getting the hang of it. Will shoot for another SocialIn post in mid-February.
5. Exclusively dedicate four hours each weekday (probably in 2-hour increments) to writing the second draft of Unseemly Secrets.
Partially successful. I knew this week was going to be tough, with the kids off from school two out of the five days and a two-hour late start on another day because of bad weather, but I was really committed to making it work. I got 4 days of editing in this week, averaging 3 hrs each day. That’s better than I’d been doing, but I’m not quite there yet!
How is your Sunday going? Having fun at Super Bowl parties? Is the game the highlight for you, or are the commercials/possible wardrobe malfunctions what make for a fun time? I’d love to hear from you!
Until next time,