The ever-fab Fabio Bueno, blogger and young adult fiction writer, has tagged me in the “Lucky 7” excerpt challenge. Oh, sure: easy for him, he has three WIPs going at the same time, LOL. And he did a terrific job, too. Click here to see for yourself!
So here’s how the Lucky 7 game works:
1. Go to page 77 of your current MS/WIP
2. Go to line 7
3. Copy down the next 7 lines, sentences, or paragraphs, and post them as they’re written.
4. Tag 7 authors, and let them know.
This is a great opportunity for us writers to share a snippet of what we do, and get the support of our community, so I’m game!
My current novel (a historical mystery), Unseemly Pursuits, is in the early stages. I’m only up to page 53. So I copied the last 7 lines of the last page I worked on. Here goes, and thanks for reading!
“My sin – will come down on you, Concordia. You are…in danger.”
“What sin? What sort of danger?” Concordia’s hands shook.
“It did not stay buried in the sands of Egypt. It is here,” the voice continued, weaker now. “You must put my secret to rest.”
“Does this have anything to do with Colonel Adams’ death?” Lieutenant Capshaw interrupted.
Suddenly, the table rocked violently, causing everyone but Madame Durand to jump away. Instead, the medium slumped against Mrs. Adams, who supported her as her husband rushed over.
Capshaw went around the room and turned up the lamps. The séance was over.
After you quit laughing, go ahead and leave me a comment. I love hearing from you!
Here are the writers I’m tagging:
1. Jill Kemerer, romance writer
2. Donna Newton, screenwriter
3. Jenny Hansen, memoir writer
4. Lydia Sharp, young adult fiction writer
5. Loree Huebner, historical fiction writer
6. Gene Lempp, alternate-timeline fiction writer
7. Julie Glover, young adult fiction writer
My apologies if you’ve been tagged already. We can’t wait to see what y’all come up with!