Here’s a quick recipe for dressing up your strawberries in summer style. Have a great weekend!
Red,White and Blue Strawberries
- 2 lbs of strawberries, washed and blotted dry
- 12oz pkg of white chocolate chips
- blue decorating sugar, poured into a small bowl
Line a baking sheet or jelly roll pan with aluminum foil. Melt chips in microwave, according to package directions (you may need to stir in between cycles and add more time) until smooth. Dip strawberries 2/3 of the way into the melted chocolate, then 1/3 of the way into the blue sugar. Place on foil. Put the tray in the fridge for about 2 hours, or until chocolate hardens.
A couple of things to keep in mind:
1) It’s really important to dry the strawberries thoroughly before dipping; otherwise, the chocolate won’t stick to them very well.
2) Don’t make ahead; plan to use them that day. The strawberries will start releasing water, which will get into the sugar’s blue dye and create a drippy mess. (They still taste good, though!)
Have any recipes you’d care to share? I’d love to hear from you!
Until next time,