Hi everyone! Around our neck of the woods, we are dealing with “in-between-ness”: the snow is still strewn in melty-gray piles, it’s not quite spring, daylight savings time has started, Downton Abbey is over, and Easter is still weeks away. Oh, and Leonard Nimoy died. 🙁 Sigh.
In other words, things are feeling kind of “blah” around here. If you’re feeling the same way (for whatever reason), here are a few links that may spice up your day!
1. Take your insults to the next level with the Shakespearean Insult Generator.
For example, I got…
Thou clouted boil-brained varlot!
I suppose I should be offended by that, but I’m feeling too boil-brained at the moment.
2. A video of someone hand-feeding a hummingbird. Super cool!
3. Do you miss Downton Abbey? Here are 9 Mystery Books Downton Abbey Fans Will Devour.
4. Here’s a free, fun game (because we don’t have enough of these, right?) that’s slightly addictive: Circle the Cat. Click on the circles to block the cat before it jumps to the edge. You’re welcome. 😉
5. With the passing of Leonard Nimoy, there has been a revival of interview clips and background articles about him. In the following video, courtesy of the Wexler Oral History Project, Nimoy discusses the Jewish origins of the Vulcan hand gesture he used in the Star Trek series:
Live long and prosper. We miss you already.
How do you chase away the blahs? I’d love to hear from you.
Until next time,
Never Sleep, my new novelette featuring Miss Hamilton and her beginnings as a detective, is available for free to all of my subscribers. Simply sign up on the right-hand sidebar. It’s my special “thank you” to you, my readers!