There are a lot of perks to having kids.
1) You get to goof off in the name of “hands-on parenting.” I’d look kind of silly doing a science experiment with a bottle, pen cap, sculpting clay, paper clips, flossers, and LOTS of water…everywhere – without a kid next to me. I’m sure I looked pretty silly, anyway, but I felt like MacGyver. 😀
3) You are reminded that clouds and lightning bugs never lose their appeal.
4) You get to make – and eat – absolutely decadent food creations. Which brings us to the topic for today:
My youngest son decided to celebrate the end of the school year in style: a Dungeons and Dragons party (’cause that’s how he rolls) with a few of his friends. But he wanted to make something special for the party, and cookie pizza fit the bill perfectly.
What’s not to love? It’s a sugar cookie crust, a “sauce” of melted chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk, and its toppings are mini marshmallows, M&Ms, nuts (we left these out), and any other candy decadence you can dream up. It has a visual “wow” factor that can’t be beat.
- Your favorite sugar cookie dough (we used Betty Crocker’s Sugar Cookie Mix, but you can use the already-prepared 18oz pkg of refrigerated dough)
- 12 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 can (14oz) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups M&Ms
- 2 cups mini-marshmallows
- 1/2 cup peanuts (optional)
2. In either a saucepan on the stove or in the microwave, melt chips and sweetened condensed milk until smooth and blended. Spread over crusts. Sprinkle with remaining ingredients.
Bake 4 minutes, or until marshmallows are lightly toasted. Cool and cut into wedges.
Do you have a favorite decadent treat at your house? I’d love to hear from you!
Until next time,
P.S. – This post will stay up as the current one next week, while I’m away. Catch ya later!