Happy New Year, everyone! Don’t worry, the cat isn’t part of the giveaway. She’s too adorable.
Meet Tora, the newest member of our household (Tora is Japanese for “tiger”). When she’s not stalking squirrels and birds through the windowpane, she’s settled in my lap as I write. Sort of a furry critique-partner.
This is our first time as cat owners (or does the cat own us? We seem to serve as her wait staff).
My job as cozy mystery writer seems more official now, don’t you think? *wink* After all, mystery writers such as Raymond Chandler, Stephen King, Patricia Highsmith, Edgar Allan Poe, and Martha Grimes have had kitties. Cats and mystery-writing seem to go together, as evidenced by the successful cat mystery series of Lillian Jackson Braun, Rita Mae Brown and Carole Nelson Douglas.
Even before Tora came along, I had written a cat into book 2 of my Concordia Wells Mysteries, Unseemly Pursuits. Surprisingly, Concordia herself is not a big fan of cats, though the creatures take particular delight in jumping into her lap and kneading her skirts. The lady professor may have to put up with more cats in the future.
To celebrate the release of the latest Concordia Wells Mystery, Unseemly Ambition, I’ve been holding a giveaway, which started October 14th and ends January 31st. There’s still time to get your name in! I’ll be announcing the winners on February 6th.
- signed bookmarks (30 entrants with a United States postal address)
- a Jelly Belly custom jelly bean tin, with a cover from one of the books (3 winners)
- ebook copies of Unseemly Ambition (4 winners)
- copies of the just-released audiobook version of Dangerous and Unseemly (2 winners)
- collaborate with the author on a name and a physical trait for a character in book 4, Unseemly Haste, with attribution in the Acknowledgments (2 winners)
Signed copies of all three books in the series so far: Dangerous and Unseemly (book 1), Unseemly Pursuits (book 2), and Unseemly Ambition (book 3).
*Please note that for any of the winners living outside the United States or Canada, I may have to substitute a gift card to Amazon because of the prohibitive postage for certain items. It will depend on the prize.
How to enter for the random drawing (choose any/all of these to enter multiple times):
1. subscribe to my newsletter (those who have already subscribed will have their names automatically entered);
2. write a review on Amazon, Goodreads, or BN for any of my books, then send me the link either in an email: email@example.com, or by posting it here in the comments section (your name will be entered TWICE for each review!). If you’ve already left me a review in the past, drop me a line to confirm that you want me to enter your name in the giveaway, again either in the comments or email;
3. send me a pic of yourself with any of my books (on your e-reader or in print)…or, if you feel camera-shy, send me a pic of one of my books “in the wild.” I’d love to see where Concordia has traveled to! I’ll also post them on my Unseemly Readers page;
4. leave a comment on any post written between October 14th and January 31st.
Remember, your name can be entered more than once, so participating in multiple ways will increase your chances of winning, and it helps me out enormously! I am, as ever, so grateful for your support, and I love connecting with you all.