Yay! It’s Watercooler Wednesday, where the posts are loosely based around a theme, something to spark the imagination and get that community “water-cooler” feeling going. We all need help getting over hump-day, after all.
This week’s theme:
Laughing relieves stress, works the abs, and triggers endorphins, the “feel good” chemical we make ourselves. So here are some of my top endorphin-triggers, collected from the internet over the past couple of weeks:
1. Let’s start with “Cats with thumbs” (milk commercial), courtesy of mystery writer Elaine Viets:
2. After reading Clay Morgan‘s guest blog for Leanne Shirtliffe, “16 Reasons to Love or Leave Canada”, I’m thinking we’d probably find cats with thumbs there. After all, reason #7 claims that Alberta’s motto is “You’ll love us when the zombies come.”
3. And when those cold Canadian winters blow in? Perhaps the fall t.v. line-up would pass the time. Perry Block has his own ideas about what new shows will be coming on in the fall, in his post “New Jews on the Tube”. The show “How I Met Your Mohel” looks like it will be a big hit.
4. For the younger crowd, Sesame Street is a crowd-pleaser. Here’s a clip of Grover teaching children about the word “on,” Old Spice style (courtesy of Piper Bayard and Amber West):
5. Want a snack while watching your favorite shows? How about Medical Examiner Cupcakes (courtesy of Mystery Fanfare):
6. And, finally, if you just want to get away from it all, take a ride in your Swagger Wagon:
So what makes you laugh? What would you like to see included in a future “belly laugh” mashup? I’d love to hear from you!
Until next time,
10 thoughts on “Watercooler Wednesday: belly laughs”
Cats with thumbs. Hilarious. Thanks for the shout out regarding Clay’s post chez moi. Someday he’ll write a part 2…
Happy Wednesday, Kathy!
I had a feeling that out of all of these, you would like the “cats with thumbs” segment the most. Ooh, spooky. So glad you stopped by, Leanne – thanks!
The Grover clip makes me laugh every time I see it. You had us in stitches Kathy!
Thanks for the great belly laugh 🙂
Thanks, Gene! Sometimes, we just need to have fun.
Love the Swagger Wagon. LOL. Hilarious
I think that’s my personal fave. Thanks for checking it out, Kerry!
I love these videos! My daughter came in and we laughed together. I’d be hard put to pick a favorite, but Thumbcat is now a household word. Thanks for the shout out and for the belly laugh this morning.
Lovin’ the Swagger Wagon! And evidently, there are MULTIPLE raps. 🙂 *rubbing hands together*
Comments are closed