Gack! I missed it – the “Round of Words in 80 days,” where writers support each other by publicly stating their goals, and posting their weekly progress.
I participated in the last go-round, and found it so beneficial. Folks I’d never met before visited my blog and cheered me on. I did the same for others, and met a lot of talented and dedicated writers that way. So I’m here to do it again! Just jumping in a bit late. Time to “hop to it”! *groan*
1. post ROW80 updates on Sundays
2. blog on Tuesdays and Fridays
This past week, I posted Tuesday Terrific: Grandparents Rock! On Friday, I took a closer look at the iconic Girl Friday. Is she still relevant in the 21st century?
3. Write one chapter per week on my WIP – this will be a challenge. I’m on Chapter 8 of my sequel. Let’s see how I do!
Personal and Social Goals:
1. support fellow bloggers and writers through Facebook and Twitter: those are the two social media sites I actually understand, although I want to better master Google+ and LinkedIn as well.
2. re-vamp my blog: I’ve had the same theme for a year, and I don’t think it’s working for me anymore. After a year of blogging, I’m not in the purely historical or mystery niches I used to picture myself. If any of you want to check out my new site and give me feedback, I’d really appreciate it! It’s still a work in progress. It’s your chance to get in on the ground level, LOL.
3. exercise 3x per week: I’ve been walking more often, and the fat cells formed from all those chocolate eggs/bunnies aren’t going to burn themselves off, are they? At this rate, I should be walking in my sleep.
How are you doing this Easter/Passover weekend? Have you gotten off to a good start with your goals? I’d love to hear from you!
18 thoughts on “I’m “fashionably” late to the ROW80 party: did I miss the Easter bunny?”
Kathy – I give you so much credit for setting out and working on your goals both as a writer and as a blogger. So what if you missed the “official” ROW80 party – throw your own ;-).
Thanks, Margot! Better late than miss the chocolate, LOL. 🙂 Hope you are having a lovely Easter/Passover family time!
I really like the new blog look.
Thanks, Paul! You get some credit, too, for all your help. 🙂
I love your new look! Blue and grey look terrific together. Awesome job!
Thanks, Ellie! I was undecided about it, at first – worried it looked too blah – but now I like it. 😀
OMG, I love the new blog colors!!! You find such excellent photos, you might want to add a Pinterest button too, so people can pin your post. Also, I wish I could “like” this post, but besides that you are AWESOMESAUCE!
Oh! I forgot about Pinterest and the “like” button (I never understood why it wasn’t built into the template, duh). Both are now taken care of, although I wish they were nicely lined up. Thanks, Jenny!
The new blog looks really good. I love the colours. And very realistic ROW goals. Good luck!
Oh, thank you, Reetta! I have a feeling setting up the blog makeover will be the easy part of the goals list, LOL!
Love the new blog look! Tres chic! Sounds like you’re making some great progress! Keep up the good work!
Hi there, Callene! *waves* So glad you stopped by, and thanks for the encouragement!
Love the new look, Kathy! I play around with the look and theme of my blog every 6-12 months too. Congrats on your Row80 progress! I’m determined to lose the layer of fluff I’ve accumulated since Christmas, and I’m working out 5 days a week. I only do 20-30 minutes of different exercises but they’re already making an impact. I like feeling fit! Good luck!!
Love it, Kathy! Great goals too. I look forward to reading your blog each week.
Really like the new look! Fresh and clean, easy to read. Great job on the goals so far, and I hear you about the fat cells. Mine have magic reproducing powers, I think …
Good luck this week!
looks good… and good luck
One chapter a week on the WIP…you go, girl! Love the new look and the slider.
Welcome back to ROW80. Good luck!
Comments are closed